Thursday, August 27, 2009

We're the coolest kids and we take what we can get.

I am starting to dread waking up. Every time I wake up means another day has gone by. Another day closer to waking up away from home. I wish I could just slow time down and just take everything in. Those empty boxes in my room are becoming more full with clothes and food. My floor seems to be disappearing on me. The only thing I had looking forward to was the fact that my going away "party" was tonight. I waited for the time to pass so that I could just be with my friends. The first guest to arrive was Patty, she brought me ice cream cake. She knows me too well. We sat in my cluttered room while I read the note she made for me which mentioned a lot of things we've been through. Thank God for waterproof eyeliner. As we walk downstairs my mom comes in with big bags a food. What am I going to do without her. I love her so much. Rosina then came holding up a radical picture frame with some pictures of us over the summer. I laughed at mine and Rosina's mud masked face. I picked up the rest of the crew; Athena, Ryan and Kaitlyn. We sat around in my basement and basically hung out. Just like old times. Kaitlyn got me a super awesome lamp with all the colours of a rainbow and a book on vampire rehab. Athena got me a lamp (that was green by the way) and a clock that was water powered. I think that was probably the weirdest but most interesting thing I had ever been given but I love it. Anyways we played Nintendo Wii and ate junk food all night. Logan even stopped by for a bit and gave me a swan made out of ticket stubs. I actually like it a lot. You can say its "made from the heart". After everyone left I cleaned the basement one plate and gift at a time with tears rolling down my face. I promised myself I wouldn't cry in front of everyone. I'm going to miss every single person. My parents, my friends, my siblings, my pets. These are the people who made me who I am and the people who have been there for me through thick and thin.

1 comment:

  1. This is so sad ! But really good. Stephie don't be sad because your famjam, and friends will always be here for youuu hun ♥

    ReplyDelete