Friday, September 4, 2009

This dark and quiet bed felt like the middle of nowhere

I'm am sitting here eating my chocolate covered pretzels thinking that today got a little more interesting. First things first, I realized that sleeping has to be one of the worst parts about being in my room. It gets so abnormally hot in the attic and when I wake up its cold. I got out of bed thinking this was going to be a long day, I could just feel it. After walking to the bus stop I made a very good assumption about Hamilton drivers; they always get mad at the pedestrians, even if they are the ones being ignorant. I was walking across the street and some guy was making a left turn it was my turn to walk even if the hand did just starting flashing red. He decides to turn anyway and not stop even though clearly I am still walking in his lane. He starts throwing his hands up and yelling and I'm thinking what an a**hole its my turn. Waiting for the bus took what seemed like forever so I decided to cross back and just walk to the school. Just my like, right after I crossed the street the bus came and left. So that 20 minute walk to school was being dreaded but at least it wasn't snowing or raining. While I was walking a car needed to turn and was waiting for me but I waved him to go first he just threw up his hands and starts arguing inside his car. I mean c'mon really? Anyways I finally got to the school to pick up some used books and the girl selling them to me comes in and told me we have to walk to her car and I'm thinking sure why not. Turns out she parked 15 minutes away in the other direction up and down hills. Let me just say that the back of my ankles bled until the back of my white sock turned red. At least she was nice and helped me carry the books back to the school. I needed to also pick up my OSAP. I think I walked up and down those stairs at least 7 times trying to find out where the student center is. P.S they have an elevator I am just to dumb to see it. Remember how I said I couldn't get the books until today? Well, the student was wrong and I could have gotten them all week. So, the bus home was quick and I just went to my room and sat with the fan right in my face. Hungry, I went downstairs and felt like pierogies. Trust me this is good. I start frying them on the pan and something smells like a pine tree burning, silly me I was thinking it was just the olive oil in the pan. The smell just got stronger and stronger and then the pan started smoking really bad. I'm looking at the pan thinking where is the smoke coming from. I shut off the burner and see what was causing all the smoke. I am a total idiot so don't judge me. On the burned was a pan sized sticker. I forgot to take off the label of my new frying pan. I mean really why would they put a sticker on the bottom of the frying pan? I am pretty sure it would be safer putting it in the middle or side. So, basically I opened the door and flapped around a hand cloth so that the smoke could be aired out of the kitchen. Note to self: cook with caution. I am starting to think that my life is full of unfortunate events but I can defiantly say that those events make me laugh at myself.

2 comments:

  1. This comment comes in three parts:
    1. You're starting to sound like a writer's craft student again! :) Koloffski would be proud.
    2. Perogies, no way!
    3. Dude that whole frying pan ordeal happened to us too, haha that's so weird! But seriously, what idiot came up with that idea.
    4. I went to get my books today and realized that i dont want to go to university anymore... I am having a breakdown lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS just saying I finished season four last night! Please catch up soon so we can discuss stupid time travel together!
    Juuuuust saying!

    ReplyDelete